I know what you’re thinking and the answer is yes; I did just arbitrarily say these are the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies BUT, I swear to you they are. If I were selling you something I’d happily provide you with a 110% money back guarantee were you to not be satisfied. Instead, I ask that if you are not fully satisfied that you let me know the peanut butter cookie recipe that tops this. Needless to say, I promise you won’t be disappointed with these easy to make, melt in your mouth, gooey spoonful of peanut butter taste but in cookie form so no one can judge cookies. Did I mention there is no butter or flour in these cookies?! They are easily the best peanut butter cookies I’ve ever had and the best part is that you can be taste testing in twenty minutes! So what are you waiting for?!
To Note: I generally try to eat locally and organic but when it comes to peanut butter I really dislike the taste of the organic stuff. I grew up on Kraft Peanut Butter and it’s hard for me to stop loving it. Thus, this recipe is made with non-organic peanut butter and to be honest, I don’t think it would work well with the organic stuff (and this isn’t just me being biased!).
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1(+)* tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, baking soda, and vanilla in a bowl. When nearly fully mixed, add in chocolate chips. Mix well. Using a teaspoon, place dough onto a cookie sheet (its up to you how big/small you want them, just make sure there is at least an inch in between each cookie).
- Now, I am a soft cookie person so I bake these a little bit less than you maybe should (but they melt in your mouth…), around 7-8 minutes; they will be a nice golden brown when they are done. If you like crispy cookies try 9 minutes.
- Let stand at least a minute before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack or they will fall apart (it is at this point that you can eat them as well!).
- I always eyeball vanilla. Mainly because in my opinion, more is better.