I’m soooooo sick of having ciders to drink every day. I wish I was exaggerating but it’s summer right?! You can’t say no to outdoor anything in the summer, especially drinks shared outdoors. I’m hoping most of you agree and I’m not just the crazy drink lady.
ANYWAYS no dwelling over whose a crazy drink lady and whose not. Let’s get to the point shall we: I’ve got a wheat allergy so I can’t have beer. I’m not too phased by this since I really don’t enjoy the taste of beer anymore and have happily resorted to ciders. The problem with ciders is they are so sugary and your teeth feel like they are rotting. While ciders may be the best portable option, I always need a backup I can drink at home. My solution: sangria! Strawberries and basil compliment eachother so well and both of those things happen to always be in my fridge in the summer. Instead of sugar I add agave nectar and voila, no more teeth rotting! A win for all I think!
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup soda water
- 750 mL Sauvignon Blanc
- Using full leaves of basil, take a fork and imprint the leaves. This will give your sangria that delightful basil flavor while making it easy to avoid accidentally drinking small pieces of basil.
- Put the basil into a pitcher with the chopped strawberries, agave nectar, and soda water.
- Let stand for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- After your 30 minutes is up add the wine, stir, and start pouring glasses!
- The amount of strawberries and basil is just a guideline, if you feel like you want more do it!