Brussel sprout haters: don’t hate until you’ve tried these! Seriously, what you’re lacking with your typical brussels is crisp. These, my friends, have crisp and therefore, they are the best (yes, that is good logic). I get that you don’t like the ones covered in cream or butter or whatever… they can just be kind of mush-like and “blah”.
So, these should be at your Thanksgiving dinner next weekend… just try them and if you don’t like them
you’re crazy someone else is sure to eat them.
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts, washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a bowl, combine brussel sprouts, capers, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the brussel sprout mixture evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly add the grated parmesan cheese, sea salt, and ground pepper over top the brussel sprouts and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese looks crispy.
- Let cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.