If you don’t know me then you’re not yet aware that I’m fully obsessed with cheese. This cheese obsession plays a large role in my desire to move to France (or at the very least live there part time…). A block of Parmesan bought for $20 in Canada would be 3 Euros in France. It’s completely insane. Despite knowing how badly I’m being hustled when I buy cheese, my fridge is still always full of at least three different cheeses but more often than not there are many more than that tucked away in that magical cheese drawer.
The greatest thing about my cheese obsession is that it has saved me a number of times when unexpected guests come over. You can create a cheese plate in no time flat and it seems like you were expecting them all along!
If you have ten minutes (I’ve factored in cleaning time!) before your guests arrive and want to make something that is so easy but seems like you put so much effort into then make this herbed feta dip. It’s a fresh and light cheese dip that will get you in the mood for patio season!
- 300 grams feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill plus torn springs for topping
- Salt and pepper: to taste
- Olive Oil of your choosing: I chose a chilli infused olive oil to give it a bit of kick
- A splash of water
- Blend feta cheese and a splash of water in your food processor or blender.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and using a spoon, combine parsley, mint, chopped dill, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil artistically over the dip and add the dill springs.