For the interim, I have come up with drinking my greens for breakfast. I love this breakfast plan as I can make it the night before and not have to waste any sleep to get up and make it in the morning. More sleep and still getting all of this awesome energy from my breakfast to take on the day is a win in my books!
- 4 cups fresh spinach (often I'll swap this out for Kale or go half and half)
- 2 apples (I like using gala or pink lady (if you're feeling more tart) apples)
- 2 oranges
- 1(+*) cup orange juice
- A chunk of fresh ginger (optional, I put in a large chunk, maybe about 1 square inch, but I love ginger)
- Any fruit you'd like to add to the top (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Should you desire a cooler beverage, add ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Top with any fruit you like (optional) and serve.
- *Depending on your blender, you may want to consider more orange juice... you'll know the strength of your blender better than I do! In addition, the more juice you add, the more of a juice like consistency your smoothie will have; the less juice you add, the more smoothie like it will be.