Weekend breakfasts are our favourites. Maybe because you can have the laziest mornings with the most delicious breakfasts (that are DEAD easy to make! Contributing greatly to those lazy mornings) but most likely it’s because of the sleep-ins! Until you know me… you cannot even understand how much I LOVE sleeping (just to be clear, it’s a lot!). Anyways, point being, you can sleep in and still host quite the breakfast feast, especially if you find easy recipes and just make it seem fancy (presentation, how you cook the items, etc.)…. A great example: egg in the hole… anyone? You cut a hole in your toast and cook it and an egg in a pan… so easy, so delicious, SO fancy-looking! Just in case I’ve lost you, I will make sure I show you later. Pancakes… again, so easy, so delicious, and SO fancy looking, especially these ones. When you pour the batter into your pan, they effortlessly end up in perfect rounds.
Hopefully they make your Sunday’s easy!
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs (separated)
- 2/3 cups all purpose gluten free flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- oil for cooking pancakes
- toppings of your choosing (strawberries, raspberries, butter, syrup, etc.)
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, milk, and egg yolks until well combined.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder, and salt until a smooth batter is formed.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until foamy and fold into the ricotta mixture.
- Heat a small amount of oil on a large non-stick frying pan.
- Cook the pancakes for about one minute, until golden brown and flip.
- Cook for another minute.
- Serve warm.