Ok – was getting a bit “crazy” when I made these. My mom’s fiance loves my regular peanut butter cookies (which can be found here if you wanted to do a taste test – I recommend as they are both DELICIOUS!) and whenever I see him I make him those cookies. This time around I was a bit bored with always making him the same peanut butter cookie and wanted to try something different. Since I’m addicted to chocolate I obviously needed to add it to these peanut butter cookies and it was a really good call, in my opinion. They are just as soft and creamy but a bit more light and fluffy than the usual PB cookies as the cocoa acts like a flour and gives it some texture.
The problem is
you I just can’t stop eating them. For real… they are bite/two-bite sized and a little bit too easy to just pop them into your mouth and eat them.
It’s a good thing I usually remove them from my house and/or leave them behind wherever I make them. Problem solved.
You see I’m a fixer. Just like Olivia Pope in ABC’s Scandal.
PS – If you have no clue what I’m talking about I suggest you saddle up in front of Netflix and binge watch this series – Season 4 premieres on the 25th and you won’t want to miss it!
So… You’re going to make and then eat the cookies all while watching Scandal – I just made your Sunday perfect (I’m a fixer, I’m telling you).
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, cocoa, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla in a bowl.
- When the mixture is nearly fully mixed, add in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Using a teaspoon, place dough onto a cookie sheet (its up to you how big/small you want them, just make sure there is at least an inch in between each cookie - to get 36 cookies make add just under a teaspoon of dough).
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Let stand at least a minute before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack or they will fall apart (it is at this point that you can eat them as well!).