Where did October go?! Seriously… November..?! Already?! I guess on the plus side that means ski season is right around the corner! In addition to American Thanksgiving (PS- really good treat for your holiday dessert coming up on the blog next week!!!) as well as Christmas!!! Basically what I’m trying to say is that time is flying, and I don’t think anyone is questioning that.
I know I personally can get into routines and just go into straight ‘zombie mode’ and not even realize what I am doing. I can go multiple hours without checking in to see what’s going on and when I try to remember back to certain things I will have NO idea what I just did. That’s when my ‘zombie mode’ gets bumped up to ‘blackout mode’ (without any assistance from wine). Lately however, I have been trying to check in with myself and recognize what I’m doing, why I’m doing it, and if I’m enjoying it. It’s helping time slow down (barely, by the way), but it’s bringing my awareness back to what’s happening in the moment and when I do that it’s so much better than blackout mode – I feel less tired, more alert, and excited about what’s happening. Give it a go!
I was super alert while making this dish. FYI – acorn squash is HARD to cut so do not cut yourself!!! But it does make a pretty side dish!
- 1 large acorn squash, sliced in 1 inch thick circular shapes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme (extra for garnish if you want)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Evenly spread olive oil over acorn squash and sprinkle with sea salt, ground pepper, and thyme.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until golden in colour and a fork can slide through it easily.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and garnish with feta and thyme.
- Serve warm.