My newest salad go-to is ready to be your salad go-to!
Why? There’s four ingredients… That’s right, only FOUR.
Why else? It takes well under ten minutes to make (really it just depends on how slow you are at grating cheese).
You want another reason? It’s delicious and SO ridiculously easy to make.
This salad is actually so easy I almost feel silly posting it – but just in case you’ve never had this salad or never been made aware of it’s existence I will carry on posting it. Additionally, if you’ve never had it or made it, I recommend you give it a go. To be honest, I didn’t know about it until my mom brought it to my attention (PS- she never puts cheese on anything so it was a big deal! Evidence that cheese lovers and non-cheese lovers BOTH love this salad). It’s a prefect light summer salad that you can grow in your garden (oh ya, I grew this!) and can be thrown together so quickly. Also, if you become overly obsessed with it like I currently am, you can eat it without feeling too guilty about it – quantity of cheese dependent, of course. So… Add this to your next summer BBQ meal!
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (or more if you're like me and obsessed with cheese...)
- ~ 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (just enough to lightly coat the greens)
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- Coat arugula with extra virgin olive oil until the greens are lightly coated.
- Add in a tiny splash of balsamic vinegar and grated cheese and toss until everything is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately.